Financial Aid & Loan Disclosures
What is Financial Aid?
Financial aid is assistance used to pay school costs. There are many types of aid that you can choose from. This is a list of the most common types of aid you can apply for:
• Federal or State Grants – Also called gift aid, grants do not have to be repaid. Grants are awarded by federal and state governments.
• Loans – Loans are the most popular type of financial aid. Federal Stafford and Federal Plus Loans are backed by the federal government and offer low-interest rates. You must demonstrate financial need to qualify for these loans. Alternative loans are private loans that allow you to borrow additional funds above your federal loan limit. These types of loans are not sponsored by the government and typically have higher interest rates.
• Work – Working a full or part-time job while in school can help you pay for education costs such as books, supplies and personal expenses.
PLEASE SEE OUR HANDOUT ON HOW TO APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID FOR STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Applying for Loans
Loans let you pay for your education expenses over a long period of time at a low (and often tax deductible) interest rate. Some loans are need based whiles others are available to nearly everyone.
• Federal Loans – Dermal Science International Aesthetics & Nails Academy students are eligible to apply for the Title IV federal student loan programs. Federal loans are generally lower interest rate loans offering students a grace period in which payments are not due, as well as multiple repayment plans. The school currently offers Subsidized Stafford, Unsubsidized Stafford and Parent Plus loans through the William D Ford Direct Loan program with the US department of Education. Whether you are a first-time borrower or a continuing student borrower you may apply for a Direct Loan. Students can apply by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and by electronically signing a Master Promissory Note (MPN).
• Alternative Loans – Many banks offer alternative student loans. Rates and conditions vary so it is important to review all available information. These lenders usually provide streamlined loan processing, competitive rates and reliable service.
Basic Financial Aid Information
Don’t assume that you cannot afford school. Financial aid gives all students the opportunity to attend school regardless of their family’s financial status by making up the difference between the cost and what the family can afford.
How will I know whether I am eligible for financial aid and what type of aid can I receive?
You must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to find out if you are eligible for federal financial aid. After you apply, you will receive your SAR (Student Aid Report) which will give you and Expected Family Contribution (EFC). Your EFC is used to calculate your federal financial aid eligibility. Based on your eligibility, the types of aid that you may receive are grants, need-based scholarships and loans.
Since I may not be eligible, why should I apply?
The only way to tell if you are eligible is to apply. You must fill out the FAFSA to determine your eligibility and the types of aid available to you. If you don’t apply, you may miss out. Don’t wait to be admitted to apply.
I don’t want to go into debt. Why should I take out a loan?
All federal student loans have low interest rates, usually less than that offered by banks. There are also options for low or graduated repayment amounts. Most students receive a package of aid that may consist of grants, loans and possibly scholarships. While you will want to keep your loan balance low, you may need a loan to cover all costs of attending school.
Quick Web Links
These links can help families find more information about financial aid. DSI Academy is not responsible for their content, nor does DSI Academy endorse the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information provided in these links. By visiting websites of lenders and other third parties, you are visiting websites that are subject to terms, conditions and privacy policies outside of DSI Academy’s control.
What is Dermal Science International Aesthetics & Nails Academy’s Federal School Code?
• Federal School Code – 042387
What is Dermal Science International Aesthetics & Nails Academy’s Address & Phone Number?
• Dermal Science International Aesthetics & Nails Academy is located at 11301 Sunset Hills Road, Suite A-5, Reston, Virginia 20190. Our Telephone number is 703-910-2323.
Helpful Download Information:
Click on the link below to download the Financial Aid Information Form.
• Financial Aid Information Form for Dermal Science International Aesthetics & Nails Academy
Excellence in Esthetics & Nail Technician Training.
Proudly Educating Students in Virginia, Maryland & Washington DC.