A Therapists Guide to Selecting and Using Essential oils in Clinical/Spa Practice.
Day 1 10a.m – 5p.m
- Registration, welcome and overview of the day
- What is Aromatherapy?
- An overview of the history of Aromatherapy and its perception as a modern science.
- The science of aromatherapy and how it works via olfaction and topical application.
- Aroma therapeutics: A discussion of aromatherapy as a therapeutic treatment to include aromatherapy terminology, safety, therapeutic properties of essential oils, indications for mind, body and spirit and how it can improve the outcome of the treatment.
- A discussion regarding the holistic approach to wellness and its place in modern society and why essential oils should be included in every Spa treatment.
- The importance of identifying and choosing quality essential oils for your treatments based on country of origin, growing and distillation practices.
Methods of Use:
- Methods of use of essential oils in the Spa and wellness / clinical setting.
- Special considerations for pregnant women, children, oncology clients and other health challenged individuals.
- An examination of synergies of ready blended products for diffusion and face and body massage. Each synergy will serve as a platform for discussion on the therapeutic properties of each of the essential oils.
- Considerations in the art of blending. A practical, hands on session.
- Aromatherapy for Oncology clients
- Concerns with essential oils when caring for a client with cancer. Information will be drawn from recent research used daily in hospital oncology units in the U.K. and constitutes safe practice for massage therapists and estheticians.
Day 2 9a.m – 5p.m Materia Medica
- Carrier Oils:
- A Materia Medica of carrier oils suitable for face and body work.
- A selection of 12 common carrier oils, their indications for use and suitability for the client’s skin type or skin condition.
- Essential Oils Part 1
- Oils to be studied: Bergamot, Basil, Chamomile, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Geranium, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Mandarin,
- Each essential oil profile will be complete with indications, contraindications, note, country of origin and suggested methods of application.
- Essential Oils
- Neroli, Peppermint, Petitgrain, Rose, Sandalwood, Sweet orange, Tea tree, Ylang Ylang
Break 3.00pm – 3.15
- Blending techniques continued
- A practical session. Students will be taught two methods of blending, correct percentage dilutions for men , women and children and will conclude with the making of a blend for personal use
- Review and Close 4.45 -5pm
A binder containing printed notes will be included for each student.
A certificated of attendance will be awarded to each student.
A recommended professional text book will be available for purchase along with a small starter kit of essential oils.
Location Direction Information to Dermal Science International Aesthetics & Nail Academy
Excellence in Esthetics and Nail Technician Licensing Training in Virginia, Maryland & Washington DC.
By Shiva Vahid.
You can find Shiva Vahid, Owner of Dermal Science International Aesthetics & Nail Academy on Google+.