Love for Esthetics. Passion for Skin Science Education.
At Dermal Science International Aesthetics & Nail Academy, we Love our students.
This is our pledge to you!
Dermal Science International Aesthetics & Nail Academy recognizes that students have the right to:
- Expect our academy to provide high quality training with lessons tailored to their individual learning styles and needs.
- Have their prior learning, acquired skills, and experience determine specific requirements for training.
- Be advised of the course expectations for the training program of their choice prior to its commencement.
- Appeal for a review of the results of an assessment or examination.
- Expect to gain the published skills from their training program, if they, in turn, devote the necessary time and diligence to it.
- Learn from fully qualified, competent and diligent educators who support students to achieve real results and provide valuable guidance.
- Learn in an appropriately appointed, safe and clean learning environment, free of all forms of harassment and discrimination.
- Be treated with dignity and fairness.
- Expect that our academy will be ethical and open in all communications both personal and public.
- Expect the efficient handling of administrative matters including the processing of fees.
- Expect privacy, confidentiality, and secure storage of records in accordance with our policies to the extent permitted by law.
- Receive the required education, equipment and hours of training set by the state board.
- Use up-to-date resources adequate for delivery and assessment of the unit(s) that are delivered.
- Learn in a classroom adequate for the course’s necessities.
DSI Academy does not discriminate in its employment, admission, instruction, or graduation policies on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Shiva Vahid, Director – DSI Academy – Telephone: (703) 910-2323 — Address: 11301 Sunset Hills Rd. Suite A-5, Reston, VA 20190
Students are responsible for:
- Understanding and accepting the enrollment conditions for the courses they undertake.
- Providing accurate personal information, and advising us of any changes to contact information.
- Paying of all fees and charges associated with their courses and providing their own course materials where notified of necessity.
- Treating the staff and other students with dignity and fairness, and behaving in an appropriate and acceptable manner towards them.
- Being responsible for regular and punctual attendance.
- Ensuring they attend classes sober and drug free, and smoke only in open areas away from other people.
- Monitoring their personal possessions while attending a course. We are not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- Promptly reporting all incidents of harassment or injury to the administration office.
- Respecting Dermal Science International Aesthetics & Nail Academy Academy property and observing policy guidelines and instructions for the use of equipment.
- Seeking clarification of their rights and responsibilities when in doubt.
- Understanding the nature of the aesthetics industry and the importance of hands on experience and practicing on a partner.
- Being prepared to perform treatments and allowing treatments done on them.
Instructor are responsible for:
- Ensuring teaching qualifications are current and relevant to their courses.
- Preparing and distributing teaching material as per guidelines of our academy, the state board requirements and any other relevant documents.
- Ensuring any information passed on to students is accurate.
- Ensuring that any advice given is done is consistent with the state board requirements and our Code of Practice.
- Assisting each student in completing the course(s) for which they have enrolled.
- Ensuring that all student attendance is recorded accurately and all absences are recorded for each session. Attendance and absence information must be passed on to the registrars.
- Encouraging student to focus on their studies. At no time are students to be advised that they are not required to study full-time.
- Not changing class schedules without discussion. Classes are held as scheduled by our training academy, and any change must be reported immediately to ensure continued compliance.
Excellence in Esthetics and Nail Technician Training in Virginia, Maryland & Washington DC.