Frequently Asked Questions
The FAQs below provide you with helpful information on esthetics, our basic esthetician program, master esthetician program, esthetic license information, nail technician training program and more.
How do I apply to Dermal Science International Aesthetics & Nails Academy in Reston Virginia?
- Prospective students can apply online or in person. Our application fee is $100.
What is esthetics?
- Esthetics, also spelled ‘aesthetics’ is the study of skin, skin health, and skin science.
What is the Web Site for the Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation?
What are enrollment options for the Basic Esthetician & Master Esthetician Programs?
- We offer full-time basic and master aesthetician courses throughout the year. Many of our students enroll full-time, and other students prefer part-time enrollment.
What are my attendance options for esthetics school?
- We offer a range of full-time, part-time and flex schedules to accommodate our student’s schedules. We have courses starting quite often through-out the year. Our admissions team would be glad to discuss your specific needs for enrollment.
Can you tell me about your alumni association of estheticians, nail techs and laser technicians?
- We have an informal alumni association of graduates who interact with us for career guidance, job placement and continuing education. We encourage graduates to interact, share best practices and share success stories.
Once I get my Esthetics License, what can I do?
- You can work as a esthetician, master esthetician or medical esthetician at spas, med spas, medical offices (plastic surgeons, dermatologists), spa managers, product sales representative, training manager, and seek employment on cruise ships.
How much will I make as an Esthetician, Nail Technician or Cosmetologist?
- Salary information varies based on the type of employer, where you are located, your experience and your customer service skills.
How near is your school from Washington DC?
- We are located in Reston VA in Northern Virginia and a 30 minute drive time from most major areas in Washington DC, Virginia and Maryland. We are Metro Accessible via the Silver Line (Wiehle-Reston metro stop), and located just 400 feet from the Reston Center stop.
How near is your cosmetology and esthetics school to Baltimore?
- We are located approximately 60 miles from Baltimore Maryland.
How near is your cosmetology and esthetics school to Richmond?
- We are located approximately 116 miles from Richmond Virginia.
How near is your cosmetology and esthetics school to Tysons Corner?
- We are located approximately 8.6 miles from Tysons Corner.
Can I move to another State, such as Pennsylvania or New York with my cosmetology and esthetics license?
- Yes. Every state has its own requirement. The State of Virginia has one of the most rigorous requirements in the United States with the most substantial number of hours. Once you complete the 1200 hours, you will have the highest number of hours required by any state, and your license is recognized by other states. Based on changing legislation, we encourage to verify the requirements of each specific state.
How long does esthetics program take?
- Generally, if you are enrolled full-time, most students complete the curriculum within 6 months to 10 months.
Why is Dermal Science International Aesthetics & Nails Academy one of the best esthetics & laser program schools that I can attend?
- The caliber of our instructors is exceptional, and we are told that our love for our students is second to none! The Owner of Dermal Science International Aesthetics & Nails Academy has many years of experience in the beauty industry, and as a licensed and accredited learning institution, we aim to be widely respected in the beauty industry. Mrs. Vahid personally hires instructors that exceed her rigorous standards. Notably, Mrs. Vahid has international experience on three continents (Europe, Australia and the United States). She is extremely approachable and kind, and prefers that her students call her by her first name – Shiva.
As a student, do I need an esthetics license to enroll in a laser program or paramedical class?
- You earn paramedical status when you complete your masters license and complete the laser training course. You do not have to be a licensed esthetician to enroll in the laser course. You do have to have a Masters and complete laser training to have a paramedical qualification.
If I want to perform waxing, do I need a esthetician license or cosmetology license?
Can you tell me about getting a license in Virginia for Nail Specialty or to become a Nail Tech?
- You need 150 hours of schooling, from a licensed learning institution.
What did Dermal Science International Aesthetics & Nails Academey have to do to get licensed?
- Our curriculum and course outline was submitted to the State of Virginia and approved.
Are you accredited?
- Dermal Science International Aesthetics & Nails Academy is accredited by the ‘National Accredited Commission of Career Arts and Sciences’ (NACCA).
Excellence in Esthetics and Nail Technician Training in Virginia, Maryland & Washington DC.